Thursday, September 17, 2009

Guilt

The pain of guilt is a horrible feeling. It's the wishing with all of your heart for the chance to go back and do something over again, or fix it however possible. I am pretty positive that everyone has experienced guilt in some way or another during their life; and if not yet, it will most likely happen.
Personally, I have felt guilt on many occasions. Both for things I have done and for things I have said. Luckily, I have not had to deal with being isolated from anyone because of it, although I know of people who have suffered from that.
The feeling of guilt is almost impossible to escape. It is constantly on your mind, and is almost physically painful. The best way to deal with extreme guilt, I believe, is to do what you can to make it right, or if it something in the past that cannot be fixed, move on. There is no sense in living in the past. What is done is done, and as long as it has not effected the present, you should do everything you can to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment